Weekend at Mopars in the Park

Well, fellow listers, I just returned from Minneapolis after spending one of the two days at Mopars in the Park. I brought my newly painted 64 Crown up there to see if there would be any interest in buying it. On the way up highway 61, I felt the tell tale feeling of a tire about to blow. Sure enough as I slowed down, rubber began flying off and the tire blew (left rear). This was somewhat puzzling as these were Michelins with decent tread (all five). I changed the tire and after locating a guy with a small compressor along the highway, I pumped up the spare and made it to Fleet Farm in Winona. Bought one tire, had them replace the spare in the trunk, and I was on the road again. I was to meet the Laase brothers up in Cambridge at about 230pm to see if they had some last minute trinkets that were required for my final assembly for the car show the next morning. Well, after a nightmare of a traffic jam around the 694/494 beltway, I was already 3 hours behind schedule. As the traffic eas ed off going north, I again was cruising at about 70 when the same symptoms recurred and sure enough POW.......another blow out of a good looking, but obviously weather checked tire. Sigh.....this time the changing was rather harrowing (left front) as I was a few feet off I35 with semis going by my A%$ at 80 mph. I finally made it up to Cambridge as the sun was setting, and went with Corey Laase out to look at his 65 Coupe. The mosquitos were relentless as I retrieved only one bolt and a couple hood snubbers. Corey was kind enough to give me a spare from the Coupe. Bless you my fellow Imperialist! I made it to the show with my car the next morning, but mostly tire-kickers were there I guess. No sale......but, I did make it back home safe to LaCrosse, and the remaining Michelins will be replaced. An adventure of mixed results. I got a lot of "thumbs up" though from many people, young and old as they passed my Crown. Thanks for hearing this out, and take care all my fellow listers Greg
1964 Crown 4 door
1981 50 ft. Telesqurt (by Pierce)