Rhody Days Car Show Success

The 2002 Rhododendron Festival in Florence, Oregon last weekend was a big
success even though there was only a small contingent of Imperialists and a
smaller contingent of actual Imperials.

I want to thank Leslie and her husband Bob for organizing and hosting the
IML portion of the Rhody Days Festival.  I returned home from the weekend
with a renewed appreciation for the mental health benefits of owning and
driving an Imperial. I feel I've been lifted out of my winter doldrums and
am looking forward to our next Northwest Imperial Event, The 2002 Imperial
Cascade Loop around Mount Hood.

I drove my 1964 Crown four door hardtop a total of 821 miles over the three
day weekend. At the last fill up before I reached home I had traveled 630
miles on 41 gallons of gas for an average of 15.32 MPG.

For a complete write-up of my visit to Florence visit the Events page on the
IML site where there are photos posted of my trip and a full description of
the activities including a close call with a Washington speed trap.

Loren