From: Bill Watson
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 11:50 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Need Info from 81 FSM

The errors on page 8-178 are more due to my eyesight and not realizing Y
came before J.

So, ignore my previous email and do it right this time -

On page 8-178 the manual lists the bulkead connections :
#1 - Red - Speed Control
#5 - Light Blue with Yellow : Fast Idle Solenoid - non EFI
#11 - empty
#39 - empty

First of all, just to be sure, the #5 cavity is on the bottom row, which is
the row next to the large index.

On page 8-444, the manual list the bulkhead connections for engine
compartment circuits :
#1 - Dark Blue with Red - Speed Control
#5 - Black with Pink - Throttle Body Switch Relay (EFI only), or
       Light Blue with Yellow - Idle Stop Solenoid (non-EFI)
#11 - White with Tan - Stop Lamp Switch Relay (FI only)
#39 - Dark Green - In-Tank Pump Resistor (EFI only)

On page 8-445, the manual list the bulkhead connections for instrument panel
circuits :
#1 - Dark Blue with Red - Speed Control
#5 - Black with Pink - Stop Lamp Switch * (EFI only), or
       Light Blue with Yellow - Idle Stop Solenoid (non-EFI)
#11 - White with Tan - Hazard Flasher Switch (EFI only)
#39 - Dark Green - In-Tank Fuel Pump Fuse #2 (EFI only)
* Listed as #11 on pages 8-444 and 8-445.  The wiring diagram Y7 shows this
wire does go to the Throttle Body Switch Relay.

The 1981 manual does not show a Black with Grey wire connected to the
bulkhead disconnect.

Checking the wiring diagrams for the radio and power antenna, neither has
wiring through the bulkhead disconnect.  The radio wiring is all inside the
car, while the wiring for the antenna passes from the interior to the
antenna via a hole (with grommet) on the right side cowl near the floor pan.

But this still does not answer your question, though.

Bill
Vancouver, BC