What was my offer? LOL, I made a post about folks who
run Chevy engines in Imperials most likely being demo
derbiers, but did I make an offer? Anyway, I'm in the
same camp as you, I only have 2 days a week to work on
my car, but my car is a '73 New Yorker Brougham, not
even an Imperial. Of course, if I had money to burn
I'd have a nice Imperial Lebaron coupe, but there it
is again, I have bills and don't have money to just
throw around.
Chad
--- Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm sure the whole list zeroed in on this post to
> see what I had to say on
> this subject. I am of the camp which believes is it
> for show, or go. Time is
> another important factor, and mechanical ability. I
> am a very amateur
> mechanic at best, and only have my 2 days off a week
> to work on my car. The
> Imperial is the first car I've ever owned, that I
> actually enjoy tinkering
> with, and each week I take one or two things which
> are not working, or not
> working properly, and make an effort to get them
> operative once again, using
> only the original part (generator not included
> here). If I were a crack
> mechanic, and had the time to be without the use of
> my Imperial, I would no
> doubt be an Imperial Puritan. The reason I bought
> the car is because I love
> it the way it is so much. I look at my interior and
> wonder if it will ever
> have the plushness of an Imperial, and it is totally
> unoriginal, and my
> biggest embarrassment right now. I've covered the
> back seat with a blanket,
> and have a cheap bench seat cover on the front.
> Whenever I see someone
> admiring the car in a parking lot, I hope they don't
> look inside, but the
> inevitable always happens, and I kind of cringe. I
> won't even go into my
> drivers side door panel, but it will suffice to say
> it has very rotted
> fiberboard, which is splitting half way down the
> door, and an arm rest which
> keeps popping out of the screw that is supposed to
> attach it to the door.
> This combined with the original fabric in shreds
> hanging down makes for a
> lovely sight! It does look good on the outside which
> is my only savior. I
> realized I opened up a whole can and then some, of
> worms, when I mentioned I
> had put in the forbidden alternator which I shall
> never mention by name
> again, and I would like to vow to the list that I
> will take Chad up on his
> offer, and at least switch to a Mopar brand, as soon
> as the one in there
> dies, after all I'm not made of money, and it's time
> to be off to the
> radiator shop next week for a rodding out. Finally I
> would like to thank Mark
> for the big laugh he gave me with the add ons he had
> on his car. I
> particularly liked the black lights underneath, and
> the decal!
> Bill '59 Crown
>
>