Turn signals 59Imp

Hi,

Last March my family and I purchased a 59 LeBaron sedan  in Joshua Tree,
California. Although the car needed total restoration we all flew out to pick
up the car and drive it back to Chicago. Some of our family video footage is
the beautiful sites and attractions along the way, the remaining footage is
like one long Pep Boys commercial, but it made it, and my wife and kids loved
the trip.

The car is now 80% restored. The interior looks great. Even had the Crown
emblems embossed from SMS Interiors.

I have just started on the electrical issues. Hope someone can help.

Problem; There is a lever to the left of the steering wheel on the dashboard
for the signals. When you turn right it has to be manually turned off after
the turn is completed. When you turn left you have to hold the lever in the
left position while you are completing the turn.

Can someone please advise?

Bob Shrago

59 LeBaron Sedan
56 De Soto Wagon