Elwood Engel

Not surprisingly, I developed my love for automobiles while in high
school.  Friends were often rabidly brand loyal, but I wasn't that way.
There were simply certain designs that I really liked, and many that i
didn't.  I just LOVED the 61 Continentals.  Ended up owning 4 of them (1
driver, 3 parts cars).  Really liked the 65/66 Fury model and took a 66
Sport Fury to 195k miles.  Stumbled onto a 65 monaco and immediately
fell in love with it.  Still have it.  Saw a 70 LeBaron in 1984 and,
again, just had to have it.  Champagne over turquoise with black
leather.  Beautiful.  Imagine my surprise when, years later, I discover
that 1 designer had a major influence on all these cars!  Imagine my
astonishment when I discover that we share a last name!!!  No relation
as far as I know, but the correct spelling IS Engel.

Pete in PA