vinyl tops, caring for

> Lexol (the stuff you use on leather) is a also
> available for vinyl.  I've had good luck with it,

Yes, I have seen the Lexol vinyl...but then, there's
about a million products out there purported to treat
vinyl.

> sun-exposed top.  Armor All looks good, gives a nice
> shine, etc., but I hear there's something in it
> (might be the silicone, might be something else..)
> that over time will actually dry the vinyl out.

It does shine up nice, esp. on a white top!

> As for your 45's / 33's I would recommend neither.
> My records, including my "Little Anthony & the
> Imperials" LP (does that qualify for IMP content?)
> prefer a 50/50 mix of water to rubbing alcohol,
> which cleans them gently and thoroughly.

LOL..I was joking about my music vinyl.  I use a mix
of water and alcohol too...I like alcohol b/c it
evaporates quickly, but I hear it actually dries out
the record, removing its natural oils and causing it
to wear out faster.  So I add water to dilute it, and
lubricate a bit.  I also own a Little Anthony and the
Imperials LP.  ;)  Wouldn't that be a treat to listen
to in a hi-way-hi-fi-equipped Imp?

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome