Not a Crown Imperial

Actually, it doesn't appear to be an Imperial Crown either.  Why?  There are no
little gold crowns between the arms of the "V" over the headlight eyebrows, and
the upholstery doesn't appear to match a pattern that was available on the
Crown or LeBaron series.  All '59 Imperials, to my knowledge, had the crowns on
the rings on the fins.  It looks like this is a 1959 Imperial Custom 2-door
Southampton (1 word) with the Silvercrest (not Silvercrown) roof treatment and
two-tone paint (white over Radiant Red, it appears).  Whatever series it is,
it's still a gorgeous car!

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown 4-door Southamton with Silvercrest Landau roof

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:55:55 -0400 Dave Candage <wdngshooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>