Of fuel socks and rusty gas

Well I pulled the tank off the Grey Ghost (1965
Imperial) yesterday (please note the j-bolts were a
lot shorter than I thought). And foud to my surprise a
clean (as in the cleanest) tank I have ever seen no
rust ANYWHERE! What I was taking for rusty gas was the
fuel sock (this is what I have always know the fuel
filter in the tank to be called) was in peices and
what was there was clogged with parts of its own! Now
it has taken 37 years 1 month and 9 days (the tank was
installed on 3/16/65 gotta love those assembly guys!)
for it to dissenegrate, do I replace it or forget it?
If I replace it were do I get one?
Also I would like to replace the fuel filler grommet
and sending unit gas gasket. I am sure that Metro
Rubber, Steele and Gary Goers has the part, but I do
not have the part numbers anybody got them so I can
order these 2 parts?
I also found that the the grounding strap came off in
2 pieces. I am fairly certain that this was my problem
with my guage reading correctly sometimes and
sometimes not. But I would like to check the the
operation how do I do this.
A final note I have used Ford floats in the past (they
are brass) does anybody know which model works on our
Chryslers.

Thanks Thad the ImpPoster
1965 Grey Ghost>