coolant system, overheating?

A suggestion for potentially overheating car.  I learned that from my 68 sedan,
that due to rust in the cooling system, tends to run hot in the summer.  Here
is one of the things I learned.  The antifreeze necessary in the winter to
prevent freezing and corrosion is reducing the heat transfer effectiveness of
the coolant.  So, when summer comes, I reduce the concentration, and that helps
the car stay a little cooler.  Also, since I am too lazy to attempt to clean
the block from rust (actually I have tried, but not as good as I could have, or
as DB has suggested) I have done the following.  I installed a motorcycle
radiator behind the grill and a series of valves.  In the summer, I turn off
the heater valve (Autotemp obviously not working, [yet!]) and turn on the valve
that deviates the heater flow through the auxiliary radiator.  That keeps the
temperature bellow 210 in the hottest summer day driving at high speed
(surprisingly, my overheating problem was not at idle).

D^2, 2x68's