coolant canister on old Imps.

I'm not positive here, but I think you would need to change the radiator
cap.  With an overflow bottle the cap must seal on expansion to the
desired setting and then allow the coolant to siphon back when cooling.
I don't think that pre-overflow bag/botttle caps had this feature.  They
just sealed tight.

You should fill themradiator full.  the ottle is the expansion area.

4 - Toes