the same situation

>  Unfortunatley after being out of
>work for a few months and working as temp for a few more money is tight and
>I honestly can't see myself being able to spend this kind of money on the
>car for several years (probably five).

Interesting in that I am in the same situation, job wise and car wise.
I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the whole picture.
My 1963 Imperial needs to be painted and upholstered. but runs good and
sounds good. She needs some electrical repairs on the window lifts and the
seats, but I think this may be a fairly easy fix, if all I have learned
from this net holds true.
All we can do is look for the bright spots, I guess, and I do find them in
unusual and funny places.
Keep the faith.
Danny