1961 Imperial Engine ID

Engine numbers back in the early 1960's were not that long.  For 1961, the
engine number on  an Imperial would have had prefix "R 41" or "R 413",
followed by digits for the date of assembly.   A third digit, "2", after the
date meant the car was built on the 2nd shift that dat.   The car's serial
number was not stamped on the block and there is no way to prove the engine
in the car was the engine the car was built with originally.

Bill
Vancouver, BC