April 6 meet? was : Good news/bad news

At 07:45 PM 4/4/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Sigh.  I dont have a good engine hoist, but everything in it's own
>time.  Dare say I'll be replacing stuff too, like motor mounts, etc.

Well, Hugh your engine will awakened after your rebuild, especially in the
low rpm range, so there is a positive aspect on every negative.  You may
also have to start using higher octane gas.  Your lost compression was
preventing pinging even with 87, even with advanced timing as you had
reported.   But with new rings and bores, the restored compression might
cause some more pinging which means you may have to start using the
"hotter" staff if you try to optimize your timing.  Also, your difficulty
in starting could have also been partially related to the weak
compression.  An engine that looses compression is much harder to crank
because the energy spent in the compression stroke leaks out instead of
returning to the system during the expansion stroke.  If your oil pressure
is fine though, you should be fine in the short trips around central TX,
other than the occasional startup problems.

Which brings another issue:  did we have a meet in Bastrop on the 6th
(tomorrow?)  Can you please repeat directions of the location and time, if
yes? (details to the location of that park please).  Is this an Imperial
meet only or is this part of your Mopar club in San Antonio?
D^2