67 hood ornament on a 68

There's a yellow 68 Imp convertible not too far from Toronto that
also has the 67 hood ornament and trim (or perhaps an entire 67
hood).  The owner claims that the car was owned by Rose Kennedy
and that she refused to take delivery sans hood ornament, so the
dealer obliged. Seems like an urban myth to me, without
supporting evidence of some sort.

Dick Woodside
(hey, how do you aim this thing, without any sights on the front
end?)