How Many Hides for a 1965 Convertible?

Mike,
When I did the interior of my 65 conv. in 98, I used 3 hides of pearlescent
leather which I had bought from SMS auto fabrics.These hides were huge. It is
possible that the estimate that Carl got from Kileen's is for smaller hides, but
15 hides seems exagerated. I don't remember the exact square footage but my cost
was 2700.00 Canadian dollars (appr.1500.00 US in 98). If the cost of the 15
hides are close to this amount, then it is possible that they are very small
hides, but I doubt this.

The only parts covered in leather are: the back seat including the central
divider , the two front seats, the front dividing arm rest and the head rest
which I think Carl doesn't have on his car.
All the rest, door panels, sunvisors, central top boot and top well are of
matching vinyl.

The only problem I encountered  is that I could not find the thin welting  for
the seats and they had to be fabricated by the upholsterer resulting in a
thicker welting which looks good anyway.

A while back I have e-mail Roger Farrar on the proper method of replacing the
wood veneer on his 65 conv. If Carl is interested or anyone else I could post it
on IML.
Mike, tell Carl I haven't forgotten about sending pictures to him, I have just
been extremely busy lately.
Moe, 1965 Imp. conv.