Body work/What do I need?

I have decided to do the body work my self.  What kind of suplies do I
need(what kinds of sand paper, sanders, rust killer, ting etc)?  What kind
of primer is recomended(im thinking of painting it red or black)?  And where
do I get these things?
Also,  Any one know how to get the side mirrors off, and the triming off (I
think it slides off but im not sure) of a 71 Imperial?
Once I get that trimming off im going to ditch the trimming because it is in
very bad condition.
I have read elijah's story on when they painted his 71, and i have a very
good idea on how to go about it.
Thanks for your help,
Kevin Pacheco 71 IMP