Optimistic fuel gage

Im so glad the site is back up man. Thanx again Manuel, staff.

I Looked this up in the repair section and found every symptom accept mine.
Maby some one had this hapen and found the solution?

My fuel gage reads full 24/7 with the key on, accept on occasion and only
when I fill the tank up, it drops to about 1/4 perhaps less, then back to
full as I pull out of the station on to the street.

I just up'd the amps with a new alternator to 65 just before it started.

If the sender is shot then could it read full in stead of empty?

The float?
Where is the float?

This weekend Ill bring it to the hobby shop on base and check the sending
unit.

the easiest starting point is what Im looking for.

Tanks!
Johan
65 Le Baron