need help (1968 Turn Signal Switch)

> Hi All.
> Has anyone on the list ever change the turn signal switch on a 68 imperial
> with the tilt and telescope steering wheel.
> Mine is bad and I can,t figure out how to pull the tube off  of the column
> do not have the special tool can I make one and how would you make one.
> Thanks.
> Bob

Bob,

We have some past IML advice on th esubject collected here:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Electrical/turn.htm

Since the site is still not back to normal, I'll paste the relevant advice
below.

Good Luck!

Mike Trettin
1956 Imperial Sedan, Turquoise

Question from Larry (1968):

This is a request for some help with turn signals on my 68 Crown...I've
determined that either the switch or the wires between the switch and the
plug-in, is at fault. My question is: How do I get the switch out of this
tilt steering column? I have removed the 3 screws that hold the switch, and
it is loose but will not come out of the upper end of the tube. The opening
in the top of the tube is just too small for the switch to pass through.
What am I missing??