Southern IML Meet -- June 7-8 in Chattanooga, TN

Southern IML Meet -- June 7-8 in Chattanooga, TN

Hello Everyone,

It is time to make plans for the 2002 Southern
Regional IML Meet.  We had an excellent meet last year
in Chattanooga and we are looking forward to another
fine meet this summer in Chattanooga.  Tons of
pictures with accompanying text of last year's
Southern IML Meet in Chattanooga can be found at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Chattanooga2001/index.htm
(you may need to cut and paste to get the complete
address).  Last year's meet was one of the best
Imperial events I've ever been to.  And remember --
you don't necessarily have to have an Imperial to
attend!  So polish that chrome, wax that paint, shine
those tires, and come to the Southern Imperial Meet in
Chattanooga, TN, on June 7th and 8th.

*Registration:  There is no registration fee for this
meet.  However, we request that you PLEASE REGISTER so
we will know who is attending, what cars to expect,
how many attendees will be at the Friday night
cook-out, and the Saturday night dinner at the
drive-in.  A registration form will be found at the
bottom of this message; please print and sign this
form and bring it with you to the meet.

IMPORTANT!!!  To attend, please send Robert Soule
(soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Elijah Scott
(Imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx) the following information:
your name (and names of any guests)attending the meet,
the make and model of the car you will be driving, and
indicate if you will be attending the Friday and/or
Saturday night dinners.
_____________________________
Please read the following information for a schedule
of events and information on accomodations
_____________________________
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:

*Friday, June 7th - Dinner, informal hamburger/hot dog
cookout at 7:00 PM EDT at the home of Robert and
Laqueta Soule, followed by a tour of the Soule garage
and Imperial and Chrysler collection.

*Saturday afternoon  -  Meet and drive, kick tires,
etc., at the Hotel.

*Saturday Dinner -  We will be dining at the Hixson
Sonic Drive-In at 6:00 PM.
_____________________________
ACCOMODATIONS:
Rooms have been reserved at the Hampton Inn in Hixson,
Tennessee.  Hixson is located on the north side of
Chattanooga and is easily accessible from Interstates
75 and 24.  It will provide a good, centrally located
base from which to operate.

* All reservations must be made no later than May
12th. and are the responsibility of each individual.

* For reservation information and/or directions,
email Robert Soule (soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Elijah
Scott (Imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx).

I have reserved a block of 10 rooms for this event.
Rooms not reserved by attendees on or before May 12th
will be released.  Room cost is $69.95 per night and
includes an "Extended Continental Breakfast Bar."  The
Hampton Inn has arranged reserved parking for our
group with the Jewish Museum, which is located next
door.  There are ample shade trees and parking spaces
available.

Bring your lawn chairs for both the shade trees at the
hotel and the cookoutat the Soules' house!
___________________________
DIRECTIONS/RESERVATION INFORMATION:

*Please email Robert (soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)or Elijah
(Imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx).
___________________________
***CHATTANOOGA MEET RULES***:

All Meet participants are required to read and follow
the rules and sign the liability statement at the
bottom of this sheet.  Once signed, the liability
statement should be removed and given to the Registrar
(Robert Soule or Elijah Scott) for the Meet.

The signed statement will be retained by the hosting
Club or the Meet organizers in perpetuity.

Please observe the following rules of etiquette while
participating in the Meet:

1. Don't assume the owner wants you to drive his/her
car.  If he/she wants others driving it and if you
express enough interest, he/she will probably offer.
However, you should wait to be extended an invitation.
 This will avoid placing the owner in an uncomfortable
position where he has to refuse to let
someone drive his car.

2. Drive the cars with care.  These cars are not
muscle cars.  They are antiques that the owners have
invested a considerable amount of time and money into
restoring.  Squealing tires and hard accelerations
WILL result in revocation of your driving privileges.
Just because you drive your own car flat out doesn't
mean everyone does.

3. These meets are not "judged shows" and derogatory
comments about attendees' cars are prohibited.  Some,
if not many, of the Meet participants will drive cars
that are either unrestored original cars, cars in the
process of being restored, or daily drivers.
Derogatory comments can discourage current as well as
potential participants.  We do not want to
discourage anyone from attending these Meets!  If you
can't say something nice, just be quiet!

4. While you will not find any "do not touch" signs on
any of the cars at these Meets, some basic rules of
etiquette should be observed by all attendees: Wipe
your feet before entering vehicles; Don't sit or lean
on cars;  Watch your belt buckles (belt buckles and
riveted blue jeans are not conducive to paint jobs.)
Do not take any food or beverages in vehicles.

Thank you for your cooperation and have an enjoyable
Meet!
_____________________________________

Detach Registration Form along this line:

LIABILITY:  By entering this event and signing this
disclaimer, I understand that the Online Imperial Club
and/or the event organizers, the sponsors, hosts,
and/or promoters of this event, participating clubs,
their agents, employees, or club members, will not be
liable or responsible for any damages whatsoever,
including but not limited to, damage to vehicles,
theft, loss of life, or accidents while traveling to
and from the event, as well as during the event.  I
also understand that failure to follow the rules
may result in expulsion from the event.

I HAVE READ THE RULES AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMER AND I
AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS THEREOF.

(If under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must
sign.)