fuel pump rotisserie

Mike, I have never replaced a fuel pump on a 440 (or any car for that
matter), so I am not sure about the geometry.  Based on the geometry you
are presenting, a 15 degree tilt (easily attainable with a jack stand)
could reduce the gravitational pull by about 12%.  Not a huge reduction,
but if you are close to the limit of rod is falling or sticking, anything
could help.  The jack is more practical than parking the car on an incline,
because I think usually when you replace the fuel pump, the car may not be
moving under its own power.  But which side would have to be raised, driver
or passenger side?  If its passenger, reaching the fuel pump may be a bit
harder.  However, the rotisserie that Dick suggested should be far more
effective.  Even better, if you can produce zero-G conditions easily
attainable on a free fall situation, that would be the ultimate
solution.  May be we should let the guy on the Canadian "Green Show" on PBS
explore that one!

D^2