Motor Trend 58 Report

Well, again, its a bit of a bust on the Imperial content.  In fact it is a
report on what they anticipate the new 58s will be, not a report on the
reality.  The illustrations are similarly as fanciful, just sketches of what
they think is coming.

However, for the 57 fans among us, which is probably everyone - I could
explain my theory for this postulation if anyone is interested - there is a
fantastic advert for "Auto-Lite" spark plugs.

The advert shows all four winners in the '1957 Mobilgas Economy Run'
competition.  Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler and IMPERIAL.  There is a nice
picture of a single head light 4 door hard top with a big old banner on its
side indicating its "Sweepstakes Winner and First In High Price Class"
status.

I have accidentally accumulated some nice 57 Imperial stuff but I think this
counts as the best yet.  I shall have to send this to Kerry to see if he
thinks its worthy of inclusion on the 1957 page.

And y'all thought I could not see past 58s.

Hugh