Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 100 octane in a 58 Imp ????

In my ancient experience the higher the octane produces cleaner burning and an increase in power.  Lower octane gas in high performance engines will result in doing repairs sooner.  I think our cars are worth it. Much has been written by car companies about the feasibility of using lower octane (regular) in their cars.  Perhaps this is true with the lower performance engines but, remember that this information is from people  who are in the business of selling you new cars.

Bob Becker

76NYB(440engine) 81 IMP (318 engine)