1973 Engine missing once warmed up

To all,
Well I think I have isolated the slight engine miss
that I thought was being caused by a small vacuum
leak.  My voltage regulator went out on my way home
from work and fried the alternator.  I replaced both
of them and the engine miss was gone.  Could the
alternator been not charging the battery enough and in
some way affect the spark in the cylinders or the
voltage regulator affect the spark in some way?  I had
been driving with the slight miss for 2 weeks or so.

Chad
1973 Imp
1966 Galaxie 500XL