Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Glueing emblems

Bob, You are restoring the bronze for your 68 interior. Just use some scotch brite to remove the old stains and finish. Go only in the direction you want the pattern to show. Don't use the real aggressive type, I have had good luck with old pads used for cleaning whitewalls. You can then finish with a fine steel wool. When polished to your  satisfaction spray with a bomb can of clear laquer. I have used this method on several 68's with great results.
Jim Harris
68 Convertible