66 Imperial head light switch remidies

Hi Greg,
Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the info regarding the '66 headlight
switches. Referring to the switch melting/becoming looses/etc., I can speak
from experience!! My '66 just went DEAD on me going down the road. I
eventually found that the entire headlight switch was toasted!! I was
actually lucky it didn't start a fire!! I took the switch from my parts car
and reconnected the wires but didn't know if this was something that had
occurred over time, or was a problem with high voltage going thru the switch
that was going to come back again and again.
Have you any experience in ordering a 'replacement' switch from anyplace
inparticular....a switch that, as you mentioned, is SOLDERED !?
If so, please let me know at dmelnik@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have only been a member since yesterday and while the number of emails is
a bit daunting, I am trying to go through and keep any and all that pertain
specifically to my 66. ( I have 2 convertible I am working on.....hope to
get them to 2-3 condition - not show quality, unless I hit the lottery
soon!!)
Thanks again....I will be selling off any of the extra parts from my '66
parts car ( a 4-dr) and am looking for a '66 convertible parts car. If you
know anyone that's interested, please pass on my email!
Thanks again and keep up the great work!!!!
Regards,
Dan Melnik/dmelnik@xxxxxxxxxx