Thanks Philippe!

I wanted to thank you Philippe for explaining my transmission fluid fountain,
and the great photo of the transmission showing the breather hole. When I
bought the car, it had some notes from the previous, previous owners, and one
of them stated that they had the transmission completely re-built, so it is
very possible they put in new gasket blocking the breather hole. I printed
copies to bring to my mechanic, since I live in a condominium, where they have
a thing about working on your cars, at least mechanically. I just hope they
don't see the tranny fluid in the parking spot. Fortunately my car is not in
the same spot! I think I will try your hose idea as a temporary fix, until I
can get the breather hole checked. Thanks again. Bill '59 Crown