Seized Calipers was Anyone interested in a 69 Imperial?

Seized Calipers was Anyone interested in a 69 Imperial?

My solution is a little more complicated, but I have NEVER seen
anything frozen solid enough to refuse this treatment.

First you need to find an old master cylinder that still works,
preferably one out of a 1966 or earlyer car without dual brakes,
and the pedal assembly that goes with it. I used one out of a
1961 Austin A55 MK II, but just about anything should work. You
attach the pedal cluster to the wall, and attach the master
cylinder to the back of it so you can pump the brake pedal. Then
hook up a line between the master cylinder, and the seized
caliper, fill up the master cylinder with vegitable  oil, or
alcohol, or water, or even brake fluid if you don't mind
wasteing a lot, but not anything petrolium based, unless you
want to ruin the seals. then you pump, and pump, and pump, and
pump, and keep pouring fluid in the master cylinder. it
sometimes takes quite a while but eventualy the first piston
will pop out.  then you have to jam it partly back in with
blocks of hardwood, and pump untill the next one pops, and so on
untill they are all loose.  The hardest thing is getting them
all out at the same time, but it can be done. then you spend a
long time with steel wool, and VERY fine sandpaper cleaning up
the bores, and polishing the pistons, untill everything is all
clean.  Then if you were lucky, and you didn't tear the rubbers,
put them back on the pistons, and coat everything nicely with
sillicone grease (which doesn't rot the rubbers) and put them
back togeather.  I havn't had any problems from mine ever since,
and they were stuck solid for at least 6 years, mabie more.

Tristan