polishing chrome

My 1959 was sitting out in a So. California field for 6 years, so chrome was pretty dull. By using 3M Rubbing compound liquid, all the trim has come back beautifully, and so have the bumpers, except for those little age hairline cracks the chrome develops. The body trim almost looks brand new, and I haven't even polished it yet! The 3M product is also doing wonders on the oxidized paint finish, and is much easier to use than paste type rubbing compound. 3M also makes another liquid product that I've used on my regular driver for sometime now, with beautiful results. It is called Scratch and Swirl Remover, and I plan on using it on the Imperial after rubbing it all out, then with some wax, I will finally be able to send some pics. to the '59 site. Bill Melichar 1959 Crown Southampton