59 imperial lebaron - Production & Survivors

59 imperial lebaron - Production & Survivors

> Does any one knows how many, 59 imperial lebaron VIN 654 left, out of the
> 622, were made. And how 59 2 door ht VIN 632 left out of the 1,728 that
were
> made.

OK,  this one comes up all the time.  No one knows, and there is no reliable
way of knowing, how many Imperials of any year, or style, or trim level,
survive.  We have yet to establish a reliably accurate way of knowing how
many of what year are on this mailing list.  I tried a method and soon
drowned in a sea of data, not all of which is complete.  Even then it would
only have been a snapshot of that particular time, as ownership changes and
new "discoveries" of that old cream puff sitting in a barn, or a parts car
in an obscure yard, will serve to change numbers almost immediatley.

Manuel, the IML administrator, has in mind a better, computer driven, on
line registry.  It would be voluntary, of course, and cannot, by definition,
include all the Imperials owned by people brave enough to not use the
resources of the list, though, of course, they may still access the site.
This idea is still some ways off, as Manny has a life, and a rather busy
one, too, and I for one, would not dare to presume upon his talents in this
direction until he is ready for what will be quite a Herculean undertaking.

I agree with you that there were 622 4 dr hard tops made in 59, but there
were also 510 sedans made as well.  To which are you referring?  There were
1743 Custom coupes & 1728 Crown Coupes for a total of 3471 coupes in 59.  I
do not understand your reference to VIN numbers, I have to admit.  Would
doing so help me comprehend your question better?

Hugh