Re:checking A/F ratio Chemistry

> an idea of what the A/F
> ratio for my 331 cid should be? I read some place
> that Japanese automotive
> engineers strive for leaning out their engines as
> high as 24 air: 1 part
> propellant. Is that doable? You mentioned a normal

The correct stoichiometric ratio for air:fuel is
14.7:1.  I have not heard about the Japanese engineers
doing anything crazy like 24:1.  In fact, generally
the a/f rato must be run a bit rich due to
less-than-ideal mixing.

> -- what does O 2 stand
> for == is O oxygen== what about 2. I was sick during
> chemistry classes.

O stands for the element oxygen, and the 2 means there
are two molocules bonded together.  Oxygen has 6
valence electrons, and it likes to travel in pairs so
that it can steal valence electrons from each other.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Christmas is over now
So I'm changing my haiku