Re:checking A/F ratio

At 09:45 PM 1/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello D^2        Definitely will lean out my dual quads as far as they, or
>the engine, will allow it. Thanx for the warning about possible thinning down
>of engine oil with a to rich of an air / fuel ratio To bad that there isnt a
>way to messure the ratio at the tail pipe right now I am thinking of a probe
>that our emission stations use here in Philly use  .Sincerely Dieter 55
>Newport
Here at the university, we have what we call a "wide range oxygen sensor"
which is a probe that sticks in the exhaust.  When it warms up (it takes a
while) it gives you the air/fuel ratio.  Neet device.  We also have a
"chassis dyno" which allows you to load the engine to normal driving
conditions.  Without that, you can only check the mixture at idle or high
revs-no load consitions.  I don't know where you can get these
devices.  What you can do is install a normal O2 sensor in the exhaust and
get a reading (rich or lean, won't tell you how much though) and then play
with the jets till you get it almost stoich.  Good luck...D^2