bias & radials

As Dick Benjamin and others have pointed out to me, be careful not to mix your
bias belted tires with your radials as they wear out.  This was also written in
the owner's manuals of that day, when bias belted tires were more common.  They
have different handling characteristics and there is a danger in mixing them.

Also, how old are these tires?  They may appear perfectly fine but old rubber
can have tiny cracks in it that you can't see and one day kablooie, there you
are with a really severe blow-out.  If the tires are over 10 years old I'd
replace them all now, if you can afford it.

Mark M