fuel mileage...

> the time/distance.  On the interstate, the fuel
> mileage was 16-18 miles per gallon -- and that is
> push-button, and standard ignition system.  Usual
> cruise speed was about 60 (+/- 2).  Also, this was
> on 89 octane gas, along with my fuel mix (6 ounces
> ATF + 6 ounces kerosene / 20 gallons).  Starts,

*sigh*  I have such a lead foot.  My curiousity really
begs to know what my '67 could get, but my right foot
always has the better say.  On highways where I can
maintain a steady speed, its rarely under 75mph.  An
article I read recently said that mileage goes down
exponentially after 55mph.

Also, I'm really curious about your kero/atf mix.  I
always use a few ounces of lead additive, but that
stuff is getting expensive+hard to find.  I can buy a
gallon of kero for what 8 ounces of lead additive
costs, and ATF is pretty cheap too.

I always run 93 octanes (92 in Pennsylvania, where 93
can be hard to find) but i also put my timing way up
there, around 15 degrees.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

'Tis Christmas again