Removeing front fenders from a 67

Tristan,
The front fenders on a 67 are bolted on and while removing them is not
extremely difficult, there is a great deal involved. Before you can remove
them you will hvae to remove the wiper arms and the cowel panel, the outer
half of the inner fenders that create the wheel wells, the battery box and
windshield washer reservoir on the driver's side and vacuum reservoir and
radio antenna on the passenger side, the panel that covers the hood latch,
the potmetal grill sections above and below the main grill, the body colored
steel section that holds the main grill and headlight buckets, the right and
left bumper wings and finally the body colored potmetal fender nose pieces
that hold the cornering lights and turn signal indicators which will include
seperating one of the spade connectors from the wiring plug in order to get
the wires out of the fender. A lot of work and dozens of bolts and nuts that
may not want to give up without a fight, not to mention keeping track of them
all! There is always a chance of snapping a rusted boIt or stud or stripping
a stud in one of the potmetal pieces. I wouldn't recomend doing it unless
there is a serious issue with rust under the fenders and if you do go ahead
with it, I would recomend you go ahead and get the insides sand blasted and
coat everything with POR.

Roy
67 Crown FDHT