From: <mccollamge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 5:34 PM
Subject: IML: Gas cap interchange or what might fit

> Hi List: I had no luck in our archives, so I decided to ask...
> What other caps might fit my 1955 Crown Limo???  I think that it should be
the same as other '55 Imperials, as the filler is under the Sparrow
Strainer, But the cap from my 1956 Crown Limo will not fit. The inside
dimension of the filler neck is 1&3/8" and the outside dimension is 1&3/4"
and the total outer size of the cap can't be much bigger than 2&1/4" also
the lock notches are on the inside. Would there be one that might fit from
another make that I could use until I can find the "real" thing?...There is
a cap on eBay for a DeSoto'57-'59 it looks about right in the
photo...George..'with the soon to be beautiful '55&'56 Limo's'

Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@xxxxxxxx!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/