Mag wheels on Imperials

       Tristan asked about mag wheels on Imperials. I have a set on my 1970
Lebaron. They are smooth aluminum wheels made by Kelsey Hayes. They were
original equipment on a 1976 Lincoln that I sold a few years ago.
       The bolt pattern, center hole, and wheel offset were identical to the
original steel wheels on my Imperial. I did have to get some aftermarket lug
nuts because they are located in recesses in the wheel and need to be longer
than normal so that you can use a lug wrench on them.
       This was a bolt on operation. I did paint over the Lincoln emblems on
the center covers. I can't decide whether I like the centers painted black or
body color. I have also toyed with the idea of putting eagles in the centers.

       The wheels look really "right" on the fuselage Imperial. Most folks
think that they are original equipment. Lincoln also used some spiffy looking
"turbine" wheels as well. I am sure that you can find more aftermarket wheels
cataloged as fitting Lincolns than Imperials.
       I think that the 1970 Imperial has a 5" bolt pattern but I am not sure
of that right now. I am not sure of which years Imperial used wheels with
these dimensions.

Don Gheen
1970 Imperial Lebaron 4 door hardtop
1972 Lincoln Mk IV