62 imperial saga

Hi guys,
   A couple of you know about me trying to bring home my 62 conv so here
is the up to date continuing saga. I left N.J. to go pick it up Fri night
at about 7.00 pm. It is in long island about 70 miles from me. I have
thei nutty fetish about driving my cars home instead of towing them so I
was going to drive this one home even without dash lights or a top. I
figured I could always thaw out in a hot shower when I got home. When I
got there, my partner in buisness, who thinks I am nuts now for sure
after seeing this car helped me wrap the bows in saran wrap, the heavy
stuff that we use to wrap pallets. Used a bungee cord to hold the drivers
door closed, checked the oil and other fluids and got ready to go. Engine
runs great, car stops and trans seems fine. Started to go and lo and
behold as I accelerate a horrible vibration is coming from the middle to
the rear of car. To bad to attempt to drive home. Car went back into
garage and there it sits . I have a question, has anyone ever don a
driveshaft on their 62 or similer with center hanger and 3 joints and how
hard is it to remove and repair? Can I do it on the side of the road so
to speak with minimal tools or do I have to get robbed to flatbet the car
home ($300.00 + is what they seem to want) . Any help would be greatly
appreciated as I wioll not chance driving it this way and possibly
screwing up something else.
  Thanks
   Allan R.
  62 Imperial conv almost home
  a load of other junkers, all driven home