Suicide doors...

----- Original Message -----
I have heard that the person most  responsible for today's American and European cars having doors hinged at the front was Henry Ford, who put the hinges at the front on the model T

Model T's didn't even have a driver's door [until late in their run].  There was a ridge made to look like a door.

 If I missed this I'm sorry, but did Imperials ever have suicide doors?

As previously stated, most pre WWII cars had "suicide doors" in one form or another.  Imperial had front suicide doors in '31-'33,  rears '28-'48 and '49-'54 long wheelbases, but not on all models.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA