Suicide doors...

I think Mr. Essinger pretty much covers the topic of suicide doors . . .

Of course, there's always my 2 cents!  I have heard that the person most
responsible for today's American and European cars having doors hinged
at the front was Henry Ford, who put the hinges at the front on the
model T and was later copied by numerous manufacturers.  But I believe
his reasons had less to do with safety than with practicality and cost.

In fact, if I recall, there was a debate about this years ago, in the
pre-seatbelt days, some people arguing that your best chance of survival
in an wreck was to be "thrown free" or "thrown clear" of the accident.
So, for those people, the term "suicide doors" is probably not
appreciated.

If I missed this I'm sorry, but did Imperials ever have suicide doors?

Mark M