My hopeless '83

Steve-

Don't give up hope...conversion is fairly simple. While I respect the
opinion of those who make the EFI work, I don't have time/patience to fiddle
with it so I'm a proponent of conversion.

My 1982 conversion was a little complicated because a speed shop in
Birmingham had already switched computers and throttle bodies and ran the
engine on a GM system.

I replaced all that expensive junk with an Edlebrock four barrel & manifold,
Mopar Performance ignition (orange module, ballast resistor and
distributor), a new mechanical fuel pump and I made up a fuel intake sending
unit by combining the Imperial's with some parts from a Mirada unit still
available from Chrysler.

Summit Automotive in OH is a good source for the parts...probable around
$600. A bargain when one considers this is a permanent fix.
Everything works great mechanically...the axle ratio keeps me from burning
out...but it performs smoothly on the road. One minor problem: the fuel
readouts won't work.

If you're interested in part #'s, links, etc e-mail me privately.

Phil Brust
Jefferson GA
1982 Imperial