From: <ImperialMCMLXII@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: IML: '62 Crown Power Antenna Question

> Hi Bob, Max & gang,
>
> Every original '62 Imperial ad that I have shows the car with the antenna
in the retracted position. The position is identical in every ad, about 4"
of the mast remains above the fender. The appenage is still visible even
though it may not be in use (i.e. it's "relaxed" state) =8^)

> What truly astonishes me is the extended length of the antenna. I'm 6'1"
tall and when that '62 Imperial AM antenna is fully extended, I can barely
reach the tip of the antenna with my index finger, and only when I stand on
tip-toed. (that's about 9' above the ground!)

> I'm fearful that one of the sections would snap or the entire antenna
would at least bend severely if it were fully extended and run through the
air at 90 mph.