From: emswenson@xxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 64 imperial
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:30:42 -0800

Hello fellow IMLers.

I found a 64 Crown Coupe for sale.  I am considering buying it and would
appreciate some feedback.
I am experienced in buying used cars so as far as the mechanical aspect
is concerned, I am ok there.
The car is a nassau blue with a black vinyl top.  It has no rust and all
the chrome is fair to good, and all the wheel covers are present.
All the glass is complete, with no cracks.  There are however the usual
dings and scratches associated with a car this age.
The interior is black leather, it is all good except for the drivers seat
which needs replacement.  The headliner also needs replacement, as it
appears to have been home to many a rodent.
The options include power steering, power brakes, power windows and
locks, power seat, left and right, air conditioning, floor button am
radio, automatic dimmer switch, and head rests.
The windows do work but they are slow.
In the engine compartment everything looks original, the 413 runs well
but sounds a little tired.  I did not drive the car so the condition of
the transmission and the brakes cannot be acertainend.  But I am told
that those things are ok.  A test drive will definitely be in order
before purchasing.
The miles are 111,451.
The tires are dry rotted, but it has new dual exhaust.  The one thing
that concerns me is that the air conditioning pump is missing.  A couple
of the hoses and brackets are in the trunk.  and that cool plate that
holds the spare tire down is there.  The asking price is 2995 at a used
car lot.
What do you think??  Is it worth it??  Production: 5,233.

Eric Swenson
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.