1958 Imperial carburetor information

Passing this on, for a guy who is not the list.  I'd like to know what the
electrical thingie is too.  And as I have never had a functioning choke -
the hot engine air pipe to mine was cut and clamped long before I ever got
the car - I have thought, once or twice, about getting an electric one
installed.

This guy has the only replacement carb. for the 392 Hemi, wheras I have the
original C2651s.  In some previous posts he has indicated to me that theu
are very much alike, though I have yet to find out about the one dimension
that really concerned me, the top opening to the air cleaner.  I believe it
is greater on the 2806, which would necessitate a funnel reducer to be able
to use the original air cleaner.  As clearance is already extremely tight
under the hood, I suspect that it would mean not being able to use the big
old side mounting air cleaner, which is too much of a departure from
original for me to find acceptable.

>    Tony deFoster here...again.  Two things.  The intake I have is an
Imperial
> intake, and right next to the big vacuum fitting for the Power Brake
Booster