'75 Rear Brakes. Synthetic Fluid,Bleeding.

'75 Rear Brakes. Synthetic Fluid,Bleeding.

In a message dated 1/17/02 3:57:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, otisdavidson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I am wondering if I should do it...and
what the heck denatured alcohol is. I'm planning on bleeding the whole
sytem....front and back.

Steve:  Denatured alcohol is available at any drug store or places like Home Depot.  The reason for using it is because it does a superb cleaning  job on the entire brake system, and  then any remains will evaporate.  Simply bleed  out all existing brake fluid, then  fill the system with the denatured alcohol and continue to bleed all wheels until you have clear and/or clear fluid running out; then bleed any remaining alcohol from the system and proceed  to disassemble and replace/repair as needed.
                                                             Bill B.