embossed crest

Hi Mike.
   If I remember right, there is a way to make a mold of the original
embossing using a rubber product that dries like silly putty without the
stretch, you could then transfer this to a hard plastic moulding compound
or plaster making a male and female. If you use the plaster, you could
then make a metal male and female mold and use a press to emboss this
into the leather panel. I know that it sounds like a lot of work but at
least when you were finished, you would have the original look and I'm
sure that it would do your heart good every time you looked at the seats.
Of course, if the originals are embroidered you could find an embroidery
shop that has a computerized embroiderer and they could copy it from the
seat or maybe a picture.
  A good place to find an embroidery shop would be a uniform company as
they put names on shirts all the time or you could look in the Thomas
Registers which should be at your local library or probably someplace on
line. If you can't find them, let me know and I will look up the shops
that are near you for you in my set.
  Molding materials can be found at WWW.mcmaster.com  You won't believe
the amount of stuff they have.

  Good Luck
   Allan R.
 62 conv and loads of other junkers