'59 Coupe

Those aren't double sparrow strainers.  There are single rings on each side
of each fin, the ribbed inserts of which appear to have been painted black.
(Scott Mayes, am I correct?  It is your car!)  There's no indication in any
of my factory literature that the Crown Coupe was any "higher" up the scale
than the Crown 4-doors, though both, of course, were more upscale than the
Custom.  Nevertheless, I'm sure any dealer in 1959 would have been willing
to accommodate a moneyed purchaser if they wanted to trick out their Custom
into LeBaron territory.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown 4-door Southampton
1972 Buick Riviera