Replacement 1981 for 82 ???

From: "DAVID MORRISON" <drmcross@xxxxxxx>

I am in process of purchasing a 1981 (Nightwatch blue with white leather) to
replace my 1982 FS.

Hmm....
I am intrigued but unable to get past the obvious question:  Why replace the
'82?  Was it totaled or something?  Are there really significant differences
between these years?  I ask this question as someone who can, and just may,
at the drop of a hat, list the rather small differences between the 57 and
the 58 which, of course, make one exceedingly better than the other, in an
infinitesimal kind of way?

Hugh