propane/gas dual setting carb.?

Quoting canu di bona <ccdibona@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Is there a carb. that will setup the air flow and
> adjustments itself for either gas or propane operation
> rather than using your original carb at a fixed,
> inefficient, compromised setting for both fuels?
> Thinking of conversion,
> Canu
> 62 LeBaron in NC

The propane will be intoduced in the engine airflow via a separate carburator
(called mixer) that will be installed upstrean of the existent carburator.  The
throttlebody of the old carb will be the only active component when runnig on
propane.  There will have to be a way to dissable the gasoline fuel pump and
enable the propane when running on propane.  My guess is its not an
instanteneous process.  The point is, the gasoline settings of the carb will be
unaffected.  There might be a compromise in the timing though...

For those considering dedicated propane in the US consider the following.
Propane stations are not as available as one might think.  Even if you don't
care about performance, driving cross country will be a challenge.  Also,
expect a lot of weight in the trunk and reduced trunk capacity along with
reduced range.  For folks in Europe where gas is expensive, I can see the
motivation.  Here in the US, the payback is not there unless you drive 50,000
miles a year, all around town refuelling in known places.
D^2