Water Injection

Water injection was a common thing for cars in the 60's that you could  get at a hot rod shop, they were metered, two thing it did was  to keep Carbon build up off the valves and piston oil rings, the spark plugs lasted for ever.It was said that the engine HP increased 15 to 20%. The WW11 spit-fire increased altitude and power when it was installed. But Propane cars are said not to get carbon build up , for power on propane??????

-------Original Message-------

Date: Saturday, January 12, 2002 13:06:13
Subject: IML: Water Injection

Following on from Roy's recent message, here's a question that might be of a
lot of interest to us European Imperial owners in particular.

I have two propane powered cars, a ' 61 Imperial and a ' 76 Eldorado conv.
(my daily driver) Both run fine on propane but there is about a 10 to 15%
loss of power and consumption (more noticable on the fuel injected Caddy.)
With the high cost of gasoline in Europe, running on propane makes a lot of
sense, but I would love to get the same performance as gasoline. Seems to me
W.I. could be a possible solution.

I know W.I. is supposed to increase power. Can it also improve gas mileage?

Are there any disadvantages I should know about like extra engine wear?

How do you know how much water to inject?

Could it would work with a propane powered car?

Tony V.